Sunday, March 29, 2009

chiang mai.




It has been quite a full day... backing up to yesterday...  We went to the celadon, gem, and silk factories... ate lunch at an awesome thai restaurant... the decor was fabulous... very eccentric.  Then, we made a stop for coffee at Wawee coffee.  Yum!  The rest of the afternoon was pretty chill.  Then, we met up with Kelly's friend, Jared, at an Italian restaurant... then went to ice cream at Iberry.  I had coconut almond ice cream.  We went to bed early because of our early morning today. :)  This morning, we were up at 5:15 am before the sun... and drove to the base of the mountain to take pics of the monks.  The religion here is so heart-wrenching... the people are so desperate for God... but they are looking in all the wrong places.  It breaks my heart to see the people on their faces, distraught, and bowing down to Buddha... hoping he can save them.  It's such an utterly hopeless way to live.  Oh, they desperately need Jesus.  After that, we came back to the hotel for breakfast.  Dad and I went across the street to a temple for me to take pictures.  Someone there told me that I looked part Thai with a different color of hair.  lol.  I still can't see it. :)  (maybe cuz I didn't have eye makeup on)  Then, we went to church with Kelly then to Japanese lunch and Black Canyon coffee. :)  We sent Dad back to the room on a "tuk tuk"... sure that was an adventure. :)  And, the girls went for pedicures!  We got to see Kelly's apartment today... she has a lovely view from her place of the city and mountain.  And, tonight was the Sunday night walking street.  I thought it was fabulous... convinced that I could have shopped all night! :)  So fun... and bargains galore. :)  In the morning, we are going to see the elephants... I can't believe our time here is almost over.  We have had such a great time.  I guess I will just have to plan more trips and see the world. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment