Thursday, January 21, 2010

oh to truly live.


How incredible is the expression in this photo?! :) Nice capture, Hona. :) God is doing something deep, deep, deep in my heart. It's one of those "learning and growing" times in life... the times we would just rather pass by or hurry through... the critical times that shape us... and without... we won't be prepared to handle the next season of life to which God takes us. It's times like these when we become fidgety, antsy, and just want to wiggle in our skin. :) We sense that God is up to something new... and it takes everything within us (and a strength not of our own) to be still and know that He is God.

I feel like this past week (as always) has really had God's favor upon it. About two weeks ago, a recent contact with the Metropolitan Bride magazine contacted me and said there was an opening to be in the bridal expo... huge God-opportunity! There are typically 6+ photographers on the waiting list for these! I have met photographers and wedding vendors in the past couple of weeks (including today) that I could have never planned to meet on my own... and in the details... I see God working and setting things up. It's truly incredible how He places the right people in your life at just the right time... providing you with the resources you need to carry out something greater than you thought possible. But, that's God for you. :) Sometimes I wonder and contemplate how I am right where I am... but, I'm quick to remember that it's God's doing... He sees way down the road... knowing why I take photos, why I have my own business, why the creative ideas won't stop flowing in my brain, why I love to sing and lead people in worship, why I love to see students' lives restored, why I love to host and entertain guests, why I can't stop thinking about working with Hispanic people. He has my full attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment