Thursday, May 6, 2010

Jesus loves me, this I know...


This is the view from my seat tonight and the sun sets... feeling like I have the best seat in the house... listening to the sound of the crashing waves and looking at the vast expanse of the ocean... in absolute awe... there is something about the ocean that makes you feel so near to God... and stand in such awe of Him at the very same moment. You guessed it... I'm on vacation... spending 10 days of relaxation in Florida. It's easy for one to feel guilty for taking time off... but, as I shared with a friend just the other day... I believe that vacation is absolutely necessary. And as I sit here at the ocean... I am reminded that some of my greatest vision and dreams for life have been the fruit of times away from the hustle and bustle of life.... when there is no agenda... nothing preoccupying your thoughts... and there is opportunity for sleep, rest, and refreshment... It brings clarity. And, I think that sometimes you don't realize how much you needed a break until you get one. These past couple of days have been incredible. So- I was walking by myself along the beach yesterday afternoon... splashing along and letting the sand squish beneath my toes.... when I said the silent prayer, "Lord, teach me something new about You... and I'll tell the world what I find." Now that seems like kind of a bold prayer... then, I go pick up the book "Love Beyond Reason" by John Ortberg... this could be a pretty neat journey... I'll let you be part of my "world". :) Yesterday my sister and I saw dolphins off the coast, and today we saw about 50 cownose sting rays [come to find out- they are migrating to Mexico and there could have been thousands of them!] and we didn't even have to go to sea world. :) I'm excited for the new things God is going to teach me this week, the visions and dreams He will place in my heart, and the rejuvenating He will give my body, mind, and spirit.
Signing off for now... here's what I've been up to as I've been writing... green tea in hand. :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, beautiful prayer! Wow. I think I may borrow that prayer sometime.
    I just found your blog and I love it, by the way. I am now follower # 32!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! :) thanks for stopping by and for the kind words. I will have to check out your blog! ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete