Thursday, May 27, 2010

I've been reading...


This was such a powerful book that I would highly recommend that you read. I feel like I need to read it again right now just to be able to absorb all of it. I felt like it took me on a behind the scenes journey of God's love for me, and how and why I can translate that into my love for Him and others. Some key elements that John Ortberg covered were contentment in the desert, being chosen, how He searches for hiding people, and how He is the God of the roundabout way. Here are a couple of quotes that were significant to me.

"You have made us for yourself; and our hearts are restless till they find their rest in Thee." -Augustine

"This is the ineffable and infinite mercy of God which the slender capacity of man's heart cannot comprehend and much less utter- the unfathomable depth and burning zeal of God's love toward us." -martin luther


"Yes Lord [I love you.]," Peter answers. "Then feed my sheep," Jesus says. Love and teach and guard and guide and serve the little flock that means all the world to me. Get back in the game." -john ortberg

1 comment:

  1. love the last quote by john ortberg. "get back in the game"
    ...so thankful that God doesn't count us out even when we do.

    ReplyDelete