Thursday, March 19, 2009

flight to bangkok.





Wow.  We are finally in our hotel room in Bangkok, Thailand.  It has been a long ride to get here.  We flew from Springfield to Chicago (1 hour), Chicago to Tokyo (13 hours) (saw alaska, canada, and siberia from the air), 4 hour layover in Tokyo, Tokyo to Bangkok (6 hours).  It was an overall smooth trip.  All of our luggage arrived.  The 13 hour flight was fine... until about hour 9, when I started to get restless.  Airplanes are definitely not made for tall people. :)  Also, I realized that I am quite active on a daily basis... prefer it that way.  [my liquid, black eyeliner exploded on my jeans because of the air pressure... good thing I had a tide stain remover pen...thanks mom. :)] Our layover in Japan was good... the Japanese are very calm, friendly people... making the next flight good.  On the flight from Tokyo to Bangkok, we experienced some very bad turbulence for a few minutes... people's wine was spilling all over them, the stewardesses were bending down in the aisles, Hona was holding onto my arm, and all I could do was pray for Jesus to calm the wind.  Not gonna lie... pretty scary.  But, the rest of the trip went well and was topped off with green tea ice cream before we got off the plane. :)  The taxi driver had a hard time finding the hotel... so glad my friend Kelly knows Thai!  And, here we are now.  I will post pics of the trip tomorrow.  Going to sleep for a couple of hours... it's 3am here... and my body is feeling confused. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment