Thursday, July 23, 2009

beyond blessed.

I am so incredibly blessed.  It seems like yesterday and today I have been reminded of it more than usual.  Yesterday I was eating dinner before church... all the fresh farmer's market veggies I could have asked for.  There are starving and malnourished people all around the world... and I am eating food that tastes good and is good for me.  I savored each bite.  Last night after church, I was standing in the kitchen thinking... thinking how incredibly blessed I am to have been born into a Christian family that loves God and has taught me how to love Him.  I basically had the gospel handed to me on a platter... I didn't have to search my whole life to find Him.  So blessed.  I went to our neighborhood pool for a while this morning and noticed how beautiful and clean it was... and how nice my beach towel is... I have been so blessed.  As I was telling all of this to my dear sister, she was quick to remind me... yes, you are blessed... and to whom much is given, much is required.  That is a big responsibility God has entrusted to me.  I have had more of a burden than before to really jump on board with the Overflow Experience we are doing with the youth at my church... to raise money for missionaries through Speed the Light.  I don't need a single thing or to accumulate possessions for myself... this life is not my own... I'm living for eternity.  Take a look at the life you are living... there may be some blessings you have overlooked.  Thank you Jesus for being so incredibly good.

No comments:

Post a Comment