Friday, July 10, 2009

SUMMER.


Summer is such an interesting season... such a growing and transitioning time.  It's a time when some people come and some people go... time to take a deep breath and do some evaluating.  I don't think I've ever really noticed it like this before.  It's sure a good thing that God does not change.  I love this place in life... knowing I'm right where God wants me but also sensing the possibilities ahead.  I'm being reminded of passions and dreams God placed in my heart long ago... I'm desiring to spend time with Him and know Him more deeply.  I'm being reminded that regardless of any accomplishments we may obtain, life is about loving God and people.  I love my sister and family so much... a lot of the time, I feel quite content to just spend time with them... whether that's good or bad.  I am blessed.  Change is inevitable.  It will be coming.  I don't want to walk anywhere God has not first been... so, I'm holding on to Him.  I'm going to enjoy the remaining days of warm sun, hammocks, iced green tea, sundresses, fireflies, friends, and family.  I know this moment won't last forever, so I will treasure it.  God is so incredibly good.


I LOVE AMERICA.

I Love America was awesome once again this year... 121 decisions for Christ... approx. 120,000 people in attendance.  God really helped us with every aspect, including the weather.  The testimonies are incredible.  Check out the stories and photos here.  The concerts after the fireworks were awesome as well!  Leeland then Israel Houghton.  It was so fun to hang out with friends... and so exciting that lives were changed for eternity!


WEDDING.

Hona and I made the flight to Houston, Texas for our friend Heather's wedding.  I was taking photos the whole time... it was lovely.  Only setback: outdoor wedding, 110 degrees, fire ants.
It was a time to remember. :)  Praying for Kevin and Heather and their new life together.
check out a few of their photos here.


CAMP.

I have been so very busy this summer... it all started out with the 10.12 youth camp.  It was an awesome time for students to grow in God.  It's surprising to most... but I LOVE CAMP. :)  late nights. messy games. hosed down with water. face paint. screaming team cheers. services. getting to know students and leaders. hearing from God. I don't like that it has to end. :)  It's physically exhausting but spiritually refreshing.  The leader's retreat will be fun this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment