Thursday, July 30, 2009

take me deeper.

God is so incredibly good... I cannot begin to wrap my mind around it.  He has really been doing some deep things in my heart and life over the past couple of months.  I know that He is preparing me for what He has already prepared.  I absolutely love being a youth leader... the opportunity to interact and influence students... showing them what it means to love the Lord and serve Him every day of their life.  In the past, I have been presented with the opportunity to be a life group leader... and I'm feeling that I am just now coming to grips with the reality that maybe that is what I should be doing.  I'm continuing to pray about where God is taking me in all of this and trying to stay available for where He would desire to use me.  I feel like I have always had it in my mind that I would like for a guy to be the leader... but, I must remember that I am not a substitute for a guy... and that God has called me and wants to use me.  Christine Caine came to my church this weekend and shared messages that really challenged me.  Resources can be found HERE.  Also, God is really taking me deeper in my worship.  I have a deeper desire than ever to lead God's people into His presence.  He is really teaching me to get over myself and my fears and my lack of confidence... and giving me the courage to step up into the life He has called me to.  I absolutely love living for the Lord... a faith adventure it is... but, I wouldn't want it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment